Pages

Saturday 21 February 2015

A Sunday Stroll

I have a severe over-reliance on jeans for pretty much all daily activities except for work and nights out. I'm therefore trying to make a concerted effort to vary what I wear and to stop being such a scruff all the time. I guess that with all of this extra weight right now, I'm starting to not feel that comfortable in jeans and a t-shirt.

So today I decided to wear a dress for a nice Sunday Stroll through the park, even though it is only Saturday. Honestly, I've been convinced all day that it's Sunday.  


There I am, waving at you. Simon the cat decided to put in a little appearance too. 

Dress: Club L#
Belt: Goodness only knows, Its the tie from some other top that is probably by now long forgotten.
Tights: Primarni
Shoes: New Look, with pink laces from a Kawaii Box.

Disclaimer: I am wearing shapewear under this dress, so I have a much smoother silhouette than I would usually. I've had this dress for ages, but I very rarely wear it because it is so unforgiving. Its also actually quite see-through- bra outlines and patterns are quite clearly visible through it, though I'm not convinced that's a totally bad thing. Shapewear is a new area for me, and I'll be talking more about it in future posts. The contraption I've been wearing today is actually quite comfortable, and I do feel miles better in it. It hasn't rolled up or down too embarrassingly, but my goodness it's a right faff on whenever one needs a tinkle. 

I put a bit of effort into my hair today, trying a little quiff and scarf combo. Normally these are things that I like the sound of in theory but in reality they don't tend to work too well. Whenever I try to do a decent quiff thing I usually chicken out and end up brushing it out, but today I went for it and even got a compliment on it. 

Its been very cold and pretty breezy out there, so lets check how this hair is getting on after today's excursion. 


Hmmm, its actually not too bad, A good few strands out and about, and the quiffy bit has drooped a bit, but it could be worse. My makeup hasn't fared quite so well, but it never does. 



No comments:

Post a Comment