Pages

Saturday 21 February 2015

Post the first

Well hello there.

Today's post is about the picture that gave me this daft blog idea in the first place.

I've been getting quite interested in vintage sort of styles of late. But given I'm a decent size 18 nowadays, and I have a rather ample bosom, there have been a good few false starts in the past. I've ordered countless dresses and pretty things online, only to excitedly unwrap them and find out that I have no hope in hell of even getting one boob into the space designed for two. Either that, or I try on the wiggle dress that looked so sleek and elegant on the plus size model, only to find that I have fleshy splurgy bits poking out all over the place in a horrific manner. Luckily, I seem to have found a good, reliable source of lovely dresses in Lady Vintage, who just yesterday fleshed out their plus size offerings with the launch of Lady Voluptuous. 

So last Sunday, the sun was shining, and I was waiting for my parents to turn up to go for Sunday lunch at our new local. This is not a dressy pub by any means, but I just felt like putting some effort in and whipping out a pretty dress for the day.

I popped on my navy blue spotted Isabella dress. It fits beautifully, with that lovely flattering neckline. I reached for the nearest cardi, which happened to be red, and paired it with my little thin Asos Curve belt. I felt pretty swanky, if I'm honest, especially after applying some rarely used red lippy. So swanky, that I thought I'd be brave enough to take a picture of myself and let Lady V know.


Swallows Necklace: etsy, yonks ago
Cardigan: Uniqlo, even longer ago
Belt: Asos Curve
Dress: Lady Vintage
Tights: Primarni's finest, with a hole at the top of the thigh for good measure
Shoes: Marc Jacobs (courtesy of boyfriend, who is blooming marvellous and aware of the importance of animal shaped shoes.)

It got a whole load more likes than expected, and a couple of nice comments too. So I guess maybe there are a few of you out there who care about what I'm wearing every now and then :) 

I noticed after I had posted my photo how dowdy it looks in comparison to some of the others that people post. Posed girls, with perfectly quaffed victory rolls, tasteful photo backgrounds, and accessories styled to perfection abound. I, however, have a shoddily taken selfie with an ancient, horrible old lady headboard in the background that has since been gotten rid of.  They look fabulous, and they make me envious, but I can't help but wonder if there isn't more of an interest in more...normal, day to day women. So here I am, ready and willing to fill that less glamorous, more pragmatic gap in the blog market. I'm here for the women who are ten minutes late for work and whose cardigan that matches perfectly with their outfit is still in the wash. The people whose skirts ride up uncomfortably, whose make-up is trashed by the time they get to the bus stop, never mind arriving at the party, they're my type of fashion icons. 

See you again soon

Hxxx

1 comment: