Pages

Sunday 2 August 2015

A Rockin' and A Rollin'

Having lost a stone in weight of late, I'm rewarding myself with tentative steps into the smaller sizes in my wardrobe. I'm trying to be a bit more daring than usual. And the first station stop on the train to daring is leather, if you ask me.

I'm off for brunch to celebrate my friend Paul's birthday. We're going to a posh hotel, so my first thought was a pretty dress. But then I stopped myself and thought about putting together something edgier. I've had this skirt for a while, but I've never quite fit into it properly. It seemed worth another try and look and behold, it fits. I have shaper tights on but no shapewear, mainly because the skirt is pretty short and I don't want any scaffolding peeping out!


Skirt: River Island from  Asos
Black vest top: H&M
Kimono: Warehouse
Tights: Primark 
Boots: bought in Switzerland on my hols last year. 

The skirt is a lovely soft leather with a zip detail and an asymmetric hem that gives it a bit of an "I don't give a shit" sort of attitude. It's rock and roll.

I've gone for make up from my goth days. Thick eyeliner, all round the eye. I used a lip tint from e.l.f just to give a bit of a deeper colour. My necklace is a Tatty Devine Angel of the North. I'm really digging Tatty at the mo and my wonderful bf has treated me to a few pieces lately. 


My boots are pretty high, and I doubt I'll be walking far in them. I love the detailing on them though. 

Hxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment