Pages

Thursday 13 August 2015

The Mane of Doom.

This evening, I have been for a haircut.

My hair is ridiculously thick, and grows ridiculously quickly too. It doesn't take much for it to become completely unruly and out of control. Unfortunately, purely because of my own disorganisation, I ended up going without a haircut from November last year to July of this year, so it was getting to be a rather frightful sight.

Before and after

It's therefore important to me to have a good hairdresser. And, luckily enough, I've found a really wonderful salon and a hairdresser with enough skill to tame my "mane of doom", as we refer to it.


The salon is East Terrace Hairdressing, and it's an absolute joy. It's right in the centre of Newcastle, on Old Eldon Square, and it's beautifully decorated. They've been open for two years now, hence the birthday decorations, and they seem to be going from strength to strength- it's great to have been with them since near the beginning as I've seen them blossom into a really busy little salon. It's run by Nick and his Mum, and they're super friendly and welcoming, as are all the staff. Conversation there doesn't feel forced at all, which is an important factor for me as I'm socially anxious. And most importantly of all, there's often wine, and sometimes even chocolates on offer, so I feel right at home there.

It's worth showing the finished product off again I think. Not only does it look miles better, but it feels beautiful too.

So, if you're in Newcastle, and you want a good quality hairdresser who takes a lot of pride in his work and business, give East Terrace a call.




No comments:

Post a Comment