Pages

Saturday 8 August 2015

Flying Fringe Festival Fashion

Today we've been up to Edinburgh for a flying fringe festival visit. It's been a really lovely, packed day.

One great thing about Edinburgh, aside from the unique architecture and truly wonderful pubs, is the abundance of quirky little independent shops. In between various comedy shows and beer drinking, we popped into a couple and bought some gorgeous trinkets.

My obsession with foxes continues. First up is this beautiful brooch. Apparently my eyes lit up when I saw it, so bf bought it for me as a gift. He spoils me far too much! I adore how the orange of the fox stands out against the blue background, and the layering effect makes it really unusual.

This space shuttle necklace also caught my eye, and I just couldn't pass it up. I've had a minor obsession with space shuttles since my awkward teenager days. I'm not entirely sure what it is about them, but I find them really aesthetically pleasing. I used to have a little pewter space shuttle necklace which I got from Kennedy Space Centre when I was much younger. I loved it so much, but ended up wearing it so much that the chain got really discoloured because it was pretty cheap. This little necklace feels like a much classier, prettier, grown up version of that souvenir necklace. I love the little star details.

Both of these little gems came from Hannah Zakari, which is well worth a visit for any fans of cute or unusual jewellery.

Another fox ended up making the journey home with us too. Would you get an eyeful of this cute lil fox cushion? That little floral bow is so delightful. I didn't notice the name of the shop we got it from (this was yet another present from bf. I'm not kidding when I say I'm spoilt rotten) but it is by Sasse and Belle.

I suppose you're wondering what I was wearing, given this is supposed to be a fashion blog after all. Well, I didn't get any photos when we were actually there, so please forgive yet another messy bedroom shot.

Do also bear in mind that this is after a long day of drinking, travel, and sitting in stuffy dark rooms laughing loudly, so I'm rather rumpled.

A trip to the Edinburgh Festival involves a lot of rushing around, up and down steep hills, so comfort is much more important than being glamorous. I got these jeans a few months back; they're from Next and they're absolutely wonderful. They feel really flattering, and they're made of a lovely soft denim. They're a more deluxe Jean, and are a little more expensive than what I'm used too, but they're so worth it and still very reasonably priced. The Kimono top is from Asos, and it's one of my favourite dressy-ish yet casual tops. The crossover style gives just a little teasing hint of cleavage and the tie waist means it's flattering yet super forgiving. The Kimono arms are perfect for rushing about in and sitting in hot rooms, as they mean plenty of air flow and no sweaty patches. The colours are darling too.

Hope you're all having a lovely weekend.

Hxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment